Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 12

Day 12

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with artichoke hearts, spinach, and mushrooms. I am getting burnt out on eggs but Jeff isn't. This weekend we are trying new breakfasts. Both kids ate without a fight and got ready for school. James had half day so I didn't pack him a lunch. Snack was a hardboiled egg, carrots and almonds.

When James got home we ate lunch and this is where the fun began. I made chicken wraps with avocado and lettuce and carrots. It was really good but James decided he wanted to fight about it. He didn't want this or he didn't want to avocado. So I ate and he sat there. Then the silence began. He refused to eat so I just sat there with him and he couldn't get up from table. And I didn't say one word just sat there, and he didn't like that so he ate. He ate everything but the avocados with the exception of 3 bits, which was better than nothing. That was done. But his grumpy and rude attitude continued. I ask him what was wrong he said nothing.

Well it turned out to be what I was dreading for this whole30 experience. A birthday at school and a parent brought in cupcakes. James sat there while everyone enjoyed this sugary treat. I was afraid something like that would happen. He was sad and upset and wanted to quit but I told him we are almost there and let’s keep going. So he changed his attitude and was better. While Jeff and I went grocery shopping that afternoon we talked about what had happened and decided to pick up Larabars. Whole30 approved in moderation and 100% delicious.

So after dinner which was grilled flank steak with steamed artichokes and homemade sweet potato fried. We all enjoyed the Larabars together. We bought coconut cream and ginger snap, halved them so we all could enjoy the different tasted. James and I liked the ginger snap while Jordan and Jeff liked the coconut cream.

After learning of how James felt left out, I am going to talk to the teacher to see if anyone has a birthday coming up while doing Whole30 so I can send a Larabar to school so he won't feel that left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment