Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 13

Love weekends! Happy Saturday!!!

Yes, no eggs for breakfast. Jeff found this recipe from wholefamilystrong.com of paleo pumpkin pancakes. And let me tell you we were all excited to try something new. They were delicious! I mashed a banana for topping and holy cow YUM!!!! Kids were licking their plates when we were done it was bad manners but funny.

That morning I woke up with a headache but later turned into a horrible migraine. Ugh, I haven't had one in months. Jeff and I think it was due to lack of sleep that night. My fan that we sleep to died so we didn't sleep much because the house was so noisy that night.

We decided to prepare all the meals for the week and got a start to cooking. We made homemade Italian sausage, breakfast sausage, Whole30 mayo, balsamic vinegar dressing, shrimp cevichi, and Whole30 Scotch eggs. After that I couldn't take it anymore and lay down. Sad I had to cancel dinner and game night plans, we haven't seen our friends in over a month and miss them.

Snack was meatball, nuts and carrots. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be the Scotch meatballs. They are so good!!! Dinner was supposed to be pork ribs, asparagus and a salad but with my not feeling well we had soup instead. It was a modified version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup. No bacon or potatoes, just sausage and kale which was still pretty delicious.

Oh and for 12 years I have been trying Jeff to eat pineapple but he says he doesn't like it...oh how things change. I cut a whole pineapple the night before and had him taste it, he did and liked it. So after dinner tonight he asked James to get the pineapple out of the fridge and had some. I thought I was delusional with my migraine and imagined it until he asked if I wanted a bite. Oh how delicious it was. Just one bite was enough. This diet is really re-booting our taste buds and I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment