Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 2

 
Day two was a little better. Scrambled eggs cooked in a little coconut oil with different veggies such as onions, bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, and Portobello mushrooms. Very similar to omelets minus the cheese and butter. Having a hard time eating when I get up but hopefully my body will adjust. James wanted just tomatoes in his eggs but didn't want to eat them after cooking. Jordan is a champ, she'll eat whatever we put in front of her.

Morning snack was leftovers from dinner the night before 4 pieces of Brussels sprouts, handful of nuts, and 3 pieces of stew meat. Lunches were mostly made the night before but still had to put it all together. We had grilled chicken with whole30 approved spices, organic salad mix from Costco, handful of olives. For the salad dressing all we used a wedge of lemon and squeezed it on and let me tell you, it was so good!!!!

Afternoon snack was half of banana, hardboiled egg, and half handful coconut flakes and 6 pistachios. The banana was soo good. And this is where I got grumpy. I was feeling the effects of not having any sort of sugar. I was grumpy and snappy. Jeff was trying to not laugh but couldn't help it. I have to admit it was silly of me but hopefully that's the last of my sugar monster showing its ugly face. After our snack Jeff wanted to make beef jerky so we went to the store and got some 100% grass feed red meat and found a nice piece of pork tenderloin and stuff to make pico de gallo.

When we got home it was full force cooking. Roasted chicken was going to take 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours to cook. So popped that into oven and then started making the next morning’s breakfast. I've seen people cooked many things in their muffin tins so I thought I'm going to do that for breakfast and hopefully make it less chaotic in the mornings with my little picky eater. So cut some vegetables up, lined pan with prosciutto and scrambled 12 eggs mixed vegetables in and poured into muffin pan, let sit in fridge till chicken was done. While I was doing that Jeff was making pico so good on top of almost everything. And by the way he is sick and getting sicker with a cold...sucks because you can't take anything! So we are busy in the kitchen working away. It's surprising how much fun cooking really is. I love love spending that time with my husband. So we finish up all the prep work and chicken is done, and I sauté asparagus and yellow squash and husband is frying up sweet potatoes in some coconut oil. Dinner is done time to eat. Yum!!!

After dinner we shred the chicken and make our lunches. We are having chicken, avocado lettuce wraps. By this time we are both exhausted so hurry up with it and do dishes and we are done. Husband sneaks back into kitchen to get kids lunches all done so I have minimal working in the morning. How great is he? I am so lucky! Well when he's done we sit and enjoy some cuddle time on the couch. Called it a night.

Let's hope James and Jordan will eat breakfast without a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment