Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 6

Jeff makes the most amazing tasting eggs! I think he is a genius in the kitchen. I honestly don't know how he does it. His eggs always taste so much better than mine. We had eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts. I had a side salad with olives and was so full. Yummy!!!! Kids ate well with some protest with James but that is getting to be the norm.

We are having so much energy with this diet change, we spent all day outside in the beautiful weather doing yard work. Almost forgot to eat our snacks until James reminded us. Beef jerky, nuts, carrots. Then went back outside.

Lunch was turkey breast deli meat, salad with olives. It was so good and filling. But we need to come up with better lunch ideas for the weekend. Ok now on to dinner. Again I must state Jeff is a GENIUS in the kitchen. I can't tell you what he put in it, not because I don't want to share but because he won't share with me! :( But we had Korean style ribs! They tasted better than any restaurant ribs or any other kind of ribs I've ever had! I couldn't get enough of them. We had steamed cauliflower and sautéed brussel sprouts with them. James and Jordan wanted seconds and thirds. Sad to say we didn't have any leftovers like we were planning on for snack for the next day. Must have him make those again! Any hopefully I can sneak in there to get the recipe.

After being outside all day we had a nice relaxing evening and did nothing except dishes. Looking forward to cooking tomorrow and researching new breakfast ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment