Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 15

WAHOO!!!! Half way point!!!

Breakfast for Jeff and I was egg muffins with sausage, spinach and mushrooms. Very very tasty! Kids had leftover pumpkin soup and had two bowls of it. I am really surprised how much they like the soup. Easy morning, unlike the beginning. But I am not going to complain about not fighting with James. Snack was deviled eggs and carrots. Homemade mayo is delicious!!!

Lunch was leftover meatballs, yummy pineapple and pistachios. I am enjoying all of the flavors and how everything tastes. After lunch I decided to start dinner early since it was going to be baking for 45 minutes in the evening. I started with browning ground turkey and making a spaghetti sauce. After that was simmering I peeled and sliced eggplant and zucchini on my new mandolin slicer. I love that thing! Then layered the eggplant, sauce, zucchini, sauce, eggplant, and then the sauce. Let it cool then refrigerated it for later.

After picking everyone up from work and school, snack was hardboiled egg, olives, and kids had cauliflower. Workout was so tough but felt so strong! I can feel that my muscles are gaining strength. After dinner I popped the layered meat thing or lasagna as I would call it into oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. While I was preparing side salads, James read to me at the table. It is really enjoyable to listen to him practice his reading. In the past he would fight with me because he couldn't sit still long enough to concentrate but now he is getting better.

After pulling out the lasagna I noticed it was a bit liquidy. Then I remember I didn't cook the water out of the eggplant and zucchini. Jeff and I thought 100% whole heartedly that James would fight and not eat it because it didn't look appealing at all, but to our surprise he scarfed it down and went back for seconds! I am really surprised in his growth and tasting and enjoying food. Jordan just eats quietly and happily. She said it looked gross but want me to make it again. Yay!!! Score one for mom and creating something knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment