Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 9

What a beautiful morning...if you like clouds, good thing I do. And perfect weather for my body to decide to give into the nasty head cold. But oh well. So weird though to have so much energy and your head to feel so bad.

Anyways breakfast was chorizo casserole with my love Jeff. It's so peaceful eating with just us two. The flavors of all the ingredients are combining so nicely. And guess what? When kids got up to eat, ABSOLUTELY no fighting with James. He just ate it without complaint. I could tell he still didn't like it but he ate it! Thank goodness. Jordan again a champ and ate and got ready for school.

Snack was a half of a meatball, giant salad, and handful of almonds. Lunch was a full meatball and an even bigger salad with handful nuts. I was lazy and didn't want to figure my lunch out with stupid head cold. Dinner was pan fried chicken thighs, then when they were done I sautéed mushrooms and garlic with little water in same pan for more flavor to top chicken. Steamed broccoli and squash. Very taste.

On a side note. I am noticing big changes in James. His teacher said she is noticing changes in him as well but with 22 other students in the class he still likes to play around. But still in 9 days he is doing what he is asked the first time not after the 5th or 6th time. Sometimes I almost want to cry because he's the same loveable kid just his hyperness is toned down. And I think to myself, we were making him hyper with what we were feeding him. I thought we were being healthy but now I have a whole new perspective on what nutrition is and how different things affect your body! THANK YOU friends for introducing us to this Whole30 program!

No comments:

Post a Comment