Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 14

Rainy Sunday morning so I decided to make savory pumpkin sausage soup. It was so good. Kids ate three bowls of it and licked their bowls clean every time. And plus it made a lot so leftovers for the week. After making breakfast I decided to work on breakfast for the week, even though we have leftover soup I still would like to have more made. I browned homemade breakfast sausage and the chopped up mushrooms and spinach, scrambled 18 eggs and mixed everything together, and baked in my muffin tin. Nicely portioned meals all ready to go.

Snack was deviled eggs and carrots and lunch was yummy meatballs, grapes and olives. It was good and filling. James declared he loves the meatballs and wants them for lunch all week. He is so funny with his tastes. Afternoon snack was ceviche and nuts. Jeff was getting very antsy with all this rain he would go outside when it would stop and mess with his car or our newly decided garden area. He and the kids do not do well being stuck inside. While I enjoyed the rain with a fire and movies.

Dinner was pork ribs and roasted zucchini and mushrooms tossed in olive oil with salt and pepper. I think it was a perfect combination. It was good. Everyone finished before me and I was the only one eating. I guess still being congested slows my eating down. Oh well it was still delicious. And that's how we ended our evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment