Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 17

Woke up feeling AMAZING! Sleeping so well through the night it's really nice.



Breakfast was 2 egg muffins for Jeff and I and kids had the last of the pumpkin soup. They savored it and took their time eating. James informed me that he would probably fight with me tomorrow morning with not having the soup and the only breakfast option was egg muffins. I thought it was funny but said sternly, I will not tolerate a fight. He shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Jordan popped in the kitchen and said she wouldn't fight, but just eat. Then smiled her pain in the butt smile and walked off to curl her hair.



Lunches were hardboiled egg, and salads for Jeff and I. Kids had deli meat, deviled egg and carrots. No complaints there, they like the Whole30 mayo. After I ate lunch I started on dinner. It is enchilada chicken stew. Browned the chicken breast but not cooking them through the whole way. Placed the ingredients into crock pot and then chicken and set on high for 2 hours then low for another 4 hours. The house smelled so good.

Afternoon snack or pre-work out snack was nuts and a deviled egg. We waited 15 minutes then headed to our gym, which is our garage and kicked some butt. After workout hung outside with neighbors for a bit and Jeff decided to plant our new garden since the plants were already established in their pots. After that we were hungry so we came in. James brought me a ladle at the door and walked away, I think he was hungry too. So after the magic happened in the crock pot, I took out the chicken breast and shredded them and put it back into crock pot and mixed everything well. Served with chopped some cilantro and avocado to garnish. This was one of the best tasting crock pot meals we've had. Thank you PaleOMG!

Oh and before James got out of school, I emailed his teacher to see how he is doing in school. I was expecting the normal email saying let’s give this diet change time. Nope! It was the opposite saying he is very calm in school and getting all his work done. I was beyond ecstatic! I felt so proud of him again and proud of Jeff and I for changing out diet instead of medicating him. All of this hard work is paying off. My soul is smiling! I do believe we will stick to paleo when we are done with Whole30.

No comments:

Post a Comment