Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 5


This is getting so much easier! Jeff made egg omelets with spinach, mushrooms, garlic and prosciutto and a huge salad with a squirt of lemon. OMG so delicious! I told him he is now making breakfast hahaha. Jordan will eat great without a fight. James sat there and was complaining...shocker I know. But he did eat it all. They did stay home again with their colds.

We decided to go grocery shopping and went to Whole Food Market. If you have one by you, go there! The employees were extremely nice! We checked out their produce department but knew we would be hitting Costco up for that stuff, so skipped it but if you need fruit and vegetables they have a wide variety. We stood in front of meat department trying to figure out what to get. I love how their meat is labeled from 1 to 5. One being not the best choice and 5 being 100% organic, and grass feed. We got pork which was a 1, beef was 4, and chicken was 4 then we headed over to deli. We heard from our friends they had Whole30 approved lunch meat. And they did, Applegate. And let me tell you it was seriously the best turkey deli meat I've ever had. After there we went to Costco and got our eggs and produce. Then headed home

Lunch was 4 pieces of turkey deli meat, salad with lemon, and a little fruit. It was one of the tastiest lunches we've had. I love how the fruit is so sweet already. After that we marinated dinner, flank streak with lemon, balsamic vinegar, cilantro, garlic and Montreal steak seasoning with grilled asparagus and pan cooked sweet potatoes. I am starting to like sweet potatoes more :)

After the diet change my stomach hasn't been feeling well. Not bloated feeling just uncomfortable. And things were not moving along as they should be but I stuck it out and day 5 was my day. Things moved along nicely and I felt so much better. Jeff and I are noticing a change in our energy levels. We have so much of it and we feeling leaner if that is possible. Excited to see how we feel after the full 30 days!

1 comment: